2/9/09

This girl...

(my eldest loin fruit)


















.
.
.
.
.

...just finished her project.

What project you ask?

Oh.
Just a little book she's written.

Modern Fiction
216 pages
59,825 words

quote from the author:

"Just sent my precious baby bird off to a novel contest, to be judged as an amateur attempt at literature. Luckily the contest itself is asking for unpublished, unedited, amateur novels by unknowns. I'll get the first set of results on March 16, a very good day. It's professionally unedited, un-agented, and is still in a very rough draft form. But I thought, what the hell, take a chance take a chance take a chance..."

wish her luck!
(now maybe she'll empty the dishwasher)

18 comments:

Pedaling said...

you have got to be proud of this girl-
heck i'm proud of her and I'm not even her mother!

the best of luck.

Tiffany said...

Yowza! I am SO impressed! Luck wished!

tiburon said...

That is so amazing!!!

Good luck!

keep us posted :)

Misty said...

Holy cow, what an overacheiver! I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!

rachel said...

Wow, what a go getter! Can't wait to see what happens...good for her :)

Kellie said...

That is so great. I will keep my fingers crossed. Good for her!

Laurie Meredith said...

Yay for Lindsay! I will be sending good thoughts her way.

kelie said...

Writing a novel is a dream of mine! Way to go! I'm so jealous.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

that's a whole lota words! Good Luck Girl!

tammy said...

Good for her! I'm in awe of people that can write.

rychelle said...

wow! what an accomplishment.

can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Mindi said...

LUCK!!

LUCK!!

LUCK!!!!!!

what a go getter. (except for the dishwasher.)

Unknown said...

Keep us posted.

You should be proud!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzie said...

You guys! Thank you for the wishes of luck.
You are the best people.

Lindsay said...

Dishwasher? Ha. How about I sign a million dollar book deal and buy you a Porsche instead?

The Drizzled Apple said...

Lindsay girl... (only not such a girl anymore) but gorgeous woman! I am soooo impressed and Wow! But you know, you come from amazingly creative stock my dear! I could expect nothing short of raw, wit and talent. Brilliant!

I wish you the best of luck my dear!

Omgirl said...

Wow, that is so cool! Is that her cover art? I love it!