9/14/09

discuss. and thank you for your time.

Go to the Blog!

That's the advice I would give to others seeking advice, answers to the big questions in life and overall validation for all things important.

(It's similar to the advice of Go To the Mattresses from The Godfather)



I have much on my mind these days.

Some of which include:

How will I plan & carry-out a Fabulous Fabulous Friday for the sisters in my ward while working full-time?

What support & advice can I give to my 29 week pregnant daughter?

What should I choose...pay the van payment or get a root canal?

How do I stay positive with a husband that isn't working?

What more can I do for a neighbor that is depressed?

How can I get rid of the snakes in my yard?



these are all very important, yes.

But the thing most on my mind.

Should I get bangs or not?


18 comments:

Pedaling said...

shoot me an e-mail
really- i'll explain later.

bangs? hmmm- maybe a side swoopy bang- that always looks nice- it's what i'm sporting these days.
and i like it. not to girlish but yet youthful looking.
i say go for the swooop.

Marilyn said...

I love that you are funny and silly even though you've got major stress in your life. Bangs? It's always worked for me.

Kim said...

hum . . . question of the day.

After many years of long bangs I do have some now. At first I felt to old to have them, but there is one thing they have done for me, they hide my scowl lines and they shape my face much better.

Go for it! If you end up not liking them, they will grow back.

Good luck.

Jennie said...

Just let Lindsay know you love her and are there if she needs anything. I recommend a back rub. Ah, that sounds good to a 32 week prego lady. Fab. Fri...delegate projects out, and no that's not a volunteer. I'll probably have a new baby around then or I would. Bangs...long and swoopy would be cute. The only thing is you have to wash them or do something with them everyday, so take that into consideration of your morning routine. Good luck my friend!

Hayley said...

fabulous friday should be delegated, even if it's your calling... or call it simple friday.

your daughter has a fabulous example of a mother... i'm sure she doesn't need much advice, but support is priceless. her life is about to change big time & sometimes i don't think there is any way to prepare for it...

how bad does the tooth hurt? you might need to do the root canal this month!

positivity - i don't know here, but suzie, you've never been anything less than positive so i'm sure you'll figure it out & we'll all learn from you.

be friendly, but maybe right now that isn't your biggest issue?

move. i don't know any other solutions.

bangs - they're high maintenance. some days i wish i hadn't done them. i get sick of the swoopy. i've got full on bangs right now & 90% of the time, i like them. you'll look hot no matter what you do.

keep your chin up... you can do it, put your back into it.

Kristina P. said...

Go for the bangs!

rychelle said...

send a greeting card to your friend. and lay one on your daughter's pillow (then give her a backrub, as suggested earlier). i find that simple greeting cards always work.

i'll go against the grain and say no bangs. i tried it and i hate that i can't tuck them behind my ear and they're always in my face.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love Suzie! You have major things going on in your life and you manage to bring it all back to light and breezy.

Bangs it is!

tammy said...

I'm with Pedaling....I love a long swooping bang.

I know I don't know you in real life yet, but I feel your stress and your worries. It's hard to think that it will all work out in the end when you're wondering how you'll even make it through the month, week, or day. I have been there many times.

Let me know if you need ideas for your Fabulous Friday and I'll round some up for you. Or any other help I can give thru the internet : )

Amber said...

Bangs! I think they make faces less droopy looking. I'll call you later today for my list of to do's for Fabulous Friday.

Kelly said...

Ya know, I really like the highlights you gave yourself in the picture. If you decide against the bangs, definitely go with the highlights!
I'm guessing Fab Friday is like a Super Saturday? We had a lady in 22 ward teach us the whole cook-in-1-day for the whole month thing. What about freezer meals? Or, a coupon class - I'm a coupon nerd and I'm teaching this one at our Enrichment next week.
Tell Jeremy he can go hang out at Flirts with Jared until they find jobs - but don't be buying no drinks cuz we ain't got no money!

Tiffany said...

Here are my ideas:
I don't know, but I have no doubt you will.
I don't know, but I have no doubt you'll say the right thing.
Root canal. Being sent to collections is under-rated!
I don't know, but I bet if he cleaned all the toilets in the house it would help?
Listen, I think.
Make friends with young boys with sticks.
And, finally: Bangs! 2009 is the Year of the Bangs.

I love yer guts, Suzie. Hang in there!

Laurie Meredith said...

Sorry about all the stress in your life. Does it ever end? And snakes to top it all off? The only question I can answer: Bangs, but not too blunt.

tiburon said...

I think you would look fab with bangs. I am sorry you are plagued with so many quandarys.

Let's have lunch.

Mindi said...

here's where i'm at:

1. delegate, delegate, delegate. (or convert to jehova's witness. but i think their jobs are even harder than ours.)

2. you've already given love and acceptance, the two most important things of all. **tell her that her pre-pregnancy jeans won't fit 2 weeks after giving birth and that she might end up on the floor of her closet, crying the ugly cry.

3. root canal.

4. get your work to send you on another fabulous mexico trip. **remember that this, too, shall pass.

5. banana bread. it cures all.

6. rat poison. i hear it works wonders.

7. GO FOR THE BANGS! it will make you feel like a whole new person.

Omgirl said...

I say NO to bangs. It took me a good year and a half to get my bangs to not look disgusting. Growing them out is a long, ugly process. Just don't do it.

As for baby advice, the best one I have is to remind your daughter that babies need to be TAUGHT to sleep. Oh sure, they're fine for the first 3 weeks and you think "I have the best baby in the world." Then they wake up. And they never want to sleep again. So at that point, when she is ready to kill herself, remind her to teach her baby to sleep. There are lots of good books. I like The Baby Whisperer best.

Stacy said...

Been thinking long and hard over this, even had to sleep on it. My vote is YES! I think it will be a nice change, and only add to your youthful glow.

Tricia said...

are you kidding me? you are one of THE MOST creative people--Fab Friday will be just that-- fabulous! In fact, I still need a very delicious tomato soup recipe from you that you served at a ward function a while ago--packed with talent, you are. Go with the swoop bangs--