Finley Mae
8lbs 11 oz
19 inches tall
*
She is seriously the sweetest thing!
I had to go back to work this week and it's about killed me to be away from her.
I've been spending my free time smelling her head & trying not to chew on her chubby cheeks.
After 40 hours of labor, my girl Lindsay was absolutely stellar in her performance. And I had a front row seat to her pain & her joy.
It was the most intense thing I have ever been a part of.
After which I sat her and my other children down and told them I would be knitting booties in the waiting room next time and I'll come in to see the grandbaby after everyone is done screaming/bleeding/hurting.
Everyone here is doing well. Some soreness & hormonal crying but my doctor said I should be better soon.
Yeah, the Grandma thing? It is going to be amazing. What feelings I have!

23 comments:
ahhhh, there she is.
look at her perfect little chubby face!
8lbs 11oz wow!
i love her name!!!
i hope the hormonal crying, swelling, and bleeding subsides, quickly.
:)
in the meantime give Lindsey my love and a big ol' hug!
very nice job.
and yeah, the grandma thing....amazing!
congratulations to all of you!
She is beautiful - and you are so, so funny!
she is perfect! so beautiful. congrats grandma suzie! :)
Oh she is SO beautiful! Lindsay looks great too! Finley and my baby had the exact same weight and height. WIERD! That's a big baby for a first time mommy. I hope all is going well. Give Lindsay a hug for me and if you guys need something let me know.
she's precious. and big! and adorable & i wish i could just sit and old her, too.
i LOVE her name!
hope lindsay is recovering well... 40 hours! she's a trooper!
good luck with adjusting & having to go back to work. i am sure you're an amazing mother and grandma, as always!
Oh. My. Goodness. She's precious and just so beautiful.
Congrats!
She is so beautiful Suzie!
Her name is ADORABLE!
♥love you♥
Welcome Little Finley! She is beautiful! Congrats to you all!
She is gorgeous! What an amazing experience for all of you. I labored with my first for about that long, so I feel for her.
And you, you poor thing. Hope your soreness and crying goes away soon.
such a beautiful baby and a beautiful name! congrats, grandma!
What a little beauty! So glad you survived...oh, and Lindsey too :)
Simply beautiful Grandma Suzie! All I can for the 8 lbs and 11 oz is...Ouch! Tell your cute daughter that she did some good work.
Here's to the start of the best relationship in the world. Being a grandma. So I've heard. :)
Just asked Erika today if she had seen her yet.
Glad to see some pics. What a little doll!
Cute cute baby!
And not all babies are cute you know. :)
Ahhh, she is so beautiful and I love her name. We are still trying to come up with one of our own. 40 hours of labor, whoah, Lindsay is a rockstar. Congrats to you all!
She is beautiful and Linsey looks amazing for 40 hours of labor! Love the name, love sweet little babies and can't wait for mine, minus the labor, what a trooper Linsey and you are!
She looks perfect! Congrats, to Lindsay and you!
Congrats Grandma! I completely agree with you on the intensity of witnessing birth. It's really tough to watch your own baby hurt. But oh the joy! As one who also gets to smell and love on new little ones right now-I hope you have lots of time to enjoy the moments! And your Lindsey will also need you lots right now too....
She is beautiful and I love her name. Congratulations to you all!
Yeah Suz! So happy for you guys.
Yeah!! I am so happy she is here safely and is healthy!
What a beautiful granddaughter you have!!
Wanted to come over and say a quick thanks for your comment, and found myself blurking about for awhile.
Me thinks I found a new bloggy to stalk : )
PS - The grandma thing? It IS all that's it's cracked up to be and so, so much more! Congrats
Congratulations! She's beautiful. 40 hours of labor??? wow, that's awful! I had 26 with my first and I thought that was bad. 40 hours...she is a real trooper.
She is the sweetest baby ever! I love the name Finley too!!!
Post a Comment