5/8/11

My Mushy, Gushy Mother's Day Post

With each passing year, motherhood, for me, seems to intensify in different ways.




Hard to believe that I could love my children more than I did yesterday, but it's true.




For 25 years I've been a mother.




Laughed, cried, ached, prayed, played, yelled, ran, cleaned, cooked, drove, worked.








And I'll do it all again tomorrow.








I've done my best, worked at this the hardest & want to do better.




You make me want to do better.





Watching my kids go through heartache, pain & suffering




is truly the most difficult thing I've ever experienced.








But with it comes a sanctification & grace that I have come to know as a gift.












Watching them experience joy, grow in wisdom & see even the tiniest of their




potential lived is pure heaven for me.








I hope the very best for you, every day.




But truth is, you're my dreams come true. Just the way you are, right now.










I live for my kids. Some might say in an unhealthy sort of way.




But they haven't met my children.




They are remarkable in every way. (and so, so beautiful!)







We have the best of days just being together.




Playing cards, watching shows, projects of all sorts, working out problems.








Don't forget our language of sarcasm, funny & wit.








(the thing that really counts is that we think each other witty & funny)











Knowing that you 4 are friends, have each other's backs and help each other in




every way: purely golden.





In my heart this is one of the best parts of being your mother.




Thank you for making kindness & love a part of our home.




We together can do anything. Your future is open & bright. And I consider it my greatest blessing to be a part of your life.




From the very depths of my soul I express my love to each one of you.




My heart is full of gratitude because of you. Man, I love being your mom.




Thank you!








Love forever & always




Mama

9 comments:

Pedaling said...

perfect.

that one about watching your children's hearts ache....that is truly the most difficult.

hoLLy said...

beautiful. simply beautiful.

Kristina P. said...

I think you are probably the coolest mom.

Kim said...

AMAZING!

Amy said...

Happy Mother's day!

Laurie Meredith said...

What a great tribute. And you're so right...you do have amazing kids. And they have an amazing mama.

Mindi said...

suzie:

you are truly one-in-a-million.

not many people have the gift of putting things so eloquently and perfectly into words. you are blessed!

in more ways than one, judging from this post.......xoxoxo!

tammy said...

You nailed my feelings exactly. Being a mom truly is the best thing.

mCat said...

Perfect, perfect post!

We too have the language of sarcasm and if one gets teased, then he knows he is LOVED!